Updated: Jun 5
When it comes to eyelash extensions aftercare is so important for the longevity of your eyelash extensions and the health of your natural lashes. Follow the steps below to keep your new lashes looking beautiful for longer.
1) For the first 48 Hours do not let your lashes come into contact with any water, do not steam your face, swim or wash use face wipes on your lashes.
2) Use oil free makeup removers and products, if you do need to wear mascara use a water based mascara not an oil based mascara. Oil based products will break down the glue.
3) Do not use waterproof mascara or lash curlers.
4) Do not attempt a lash lift, perm or tint while you have your lash extensions on.
5) Brush your lashes morning and night with the brush provided, if you sleep on your lashes or get wind swept always brush your lashes back into place.
6) I recommend throughly cleansing your lashes weekly. After cleansing, pat your lashes dry (do not rub) and then brush them into place. To find out how to cleanse your lashes gently and safely please see my post ' Eyelash Extension Cleansing.'
7) Be gentle with your lashes, do not pick or pull them. If you find them irritating have them removed by your lash tech, or use a lash remover recommended by your lash tech.
8) Book your infills! Eyelash extensions should last up to 12 weeks with regularly 2-3 weekly infills. Any more than this and you could end up being charged for a whole new set.